Journey through space to the Planet Fabulous, where the Ruler of the Universe will see you shortly.

Tuesday, November 25, 2003

Fame. At What Cost?

The oddest thing. I’ve just had an email from the squeaky hamster in charge of everything Doctor Who in America. “Hi Lee!” he writes. “I'd love to have you join us for our next convention!”

It turns out that these are regular events, with this one on the 13th to 16th of February next year. Spring in LA – what bliss!

He continues with: “If there's something you'd like to participate on, that'd be great. And if you were interested, I'd love to do an 'Art of Lee Binding' panel, where you show slides of your work and talk about how things are created, and so forth.”

Well. I mean. It’s all very flattering, isn’t it? Despite the fact that most of the 'art of Lee Binding' is well-meaning nonsense, and I really don’t think I could string a whole panel out of it. But, apparently hoards of the great unwashed – the biggest Doctor Who fans in the literal sense – will be descending upon the hotel in February.

A thought hits me: this Who convention is on the Valentine's weekend.

Well, it's not like they have anything else to do on that date, is it?

No comments: