Journey through space to the Planet Fabulous, where the Ruler of the Universe will see you shortly.

Friday, May 28, 2004

A Common Beauty

The excitement mounts! The imminent release of the latest Girls Aloud single 'The Show' means I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl with a pencil case full of leaking Tipp-Ex. And the overly-favourable report on Popjustice's site about the whole shebang simply contributes to my good self being on a hair trigger and about to spangle the whole lounge floor.

Yet, how difficult is it to instil any joy in any of my peers? My dear Wife is refusing point blank to get out of bed tomorrow to see my bacofoil-clad damsels debut on CD:UK, despite the fact I won't be able to sleep a wink the whole of tonight and, for once, I'll be tossing in my slumbers for a whole different reason. I cornered him while he was cooking only last night, to try one last push at getting some excitement about the whole thing going. At that point, he was listening to something worthy; he'd been to see Rufus Wainwright on the weekend, and now wasn't interested in hearing anything that wasn't painfully crafted over several years. And included a harp.

"But!" I spluttered, trying in vain to instil some enthusiasm in him. "But! The video alone is set in a beauty salon!"

He humphed as he skinned the organic, free-range, corn-fed chicken breast. "Surely they're a little bit out of their depth, there."

He thought for a second, hand on hip and unintentionally tossing his fabulous golden locks to look at me.

"Perhaps they thought it was a chip shop," he added.

11 comments:

Drunk Girl said...

Hi, what a great page! Really enjoyed it, keep up the great work!
spy tool for cell phone

Jack Naka said...

Just thought i would say hi from Japan. Doing some blog surfing and found your site. Im looking for some cool styles of simmons beauty rest for my own blog. Theres some really amazing blogs about. if you have time check out my site you will find information on simmons beauty rest. Well when i get my blog running hope you come and check it out.

Jack Naka said...

Your blog is excellent - keep it up! Don't miss visiting this site about beauty supply

Drunk Girl said...

Hi, what a great page! Really enjoyed it, keep up the great work!
yahoo messenger spy tool

blaze said...

I really enjoyed you cooking terms website. I also have a site about cooking terms Please take a look. I hope you will find it interesting

dompia said...

Wow, I really like this one. I have a website that talks mostly about hair and beauty product. You should check it out sometime.

dompia said...

Wow, I really like this one. I have a website that talks mostly about beauty professional supply. You should check it out sometime.

startonline said...

This blogstuff is great just looking around yours I have one too titanium wedding band website dedicated to titanium wedding band

answer-man said...

deals are at their best there. Come on by and check it out. :)

TyromeJeff said...

Visit http://www.igotkicks.com/?ref=6 for Wholesale on Air Jordans Air Force Ones and many hiphop apparel! Starting at $64.99!!!!

dompia said...

Wow, I really like this one. I have a website that talks mostly about beauty babe. You should check it out sometime.