Journey through space to the Planet Fabulous, where the Ruler of the Universe will see you shortly.

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

The Last Of The Great Shoplifters

Oh, dear readers, I've been breaking the law again.
 
Fret not, it's nothing too severe - while my dark past does indeed include some hum-dingers of law breaking, I'm a respectable member of the community these days. Let's face it, the last time I had a wholly unwholesome brush with the law was at a toga party - and that was with a constable from the Home Counties whose sheet was too small. All he wanted to do was take me down and get my particulars. Well, he had a winsome smile and a gallon of vodka, so who could refuse?
 
Anyway. While it's a given that some of my more outrageous habits are dallying on the wrong side of a policeman's truncheon, I never thought that my propensity for walking around with a mug in my hands would be the one that could have finally got me into trouble. But then, Al Capone was caught on tax evasion, wasn't he? I have no idea where I picked this habit up from, but whenever I need a think in my hectic-meeeja-job, I grab my coffee cup and go a-wandering around the office until inspiration strikes. Or I'm caught - whichever comes first.
 
Well, thankfully I wasn't caught the last time I idly found myself walking around with a coffee cup in my hand. Because I happened to be halfway down the street from the Starbucks before I realised that I'd brought my charming ceramic mug with me.
 
Ooops. 
 
I must say, I use my mug every day now. But is it used as a totem of shame, a constant reminder that I should be more vigilant against my own light-fingered activities? Or because it's a really cool mug that's so large you can try and drown Dame Kylie in it, before throwing her a jammy dodger as a life-line? You decide.
 

No comments: