Journey through space to the Planet Fabulous, where the Ruler of the Universe will see you shortly.

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Who-vers

Well, if you happened to be on the roof, hanging off a chimney pot with an aerial pointing north-west last night - and I know I was - you may have been lucky enough to see BBC Wales' feature on the New Doctor Who!
 
I can sense your enthusiasm from here.
 
Well to me, this was very exciting. I have to say my deep-seated love of Doctor Who stems from my mother's direct influence all those years ago - it was she who introduced me to it by calling me downstairs with "Doctor Who's on. You like that." To be honest, I'd never heard of it before - and now look at me. I can tell you she's also responsible for a couple of my more flamboyant spending habits, as well as being the person who showed me the joys of Girls Aloud.
 
I'm telling you, the woman's a menace.
 
Anyway, last night's feature showed Ecclestone in his costumed glory for the first time, which is an event in itself, yet is proving to be a little sticking point for me. Not because I remain un-wowed by the fact that he's wearing a simple leather jacket and a t-shirt. My problem is that most fanboys still haven't discovered deodorant, so you can imagine the smell at a convention when they're all wearing leather in the summer...

Oh! And especially if next door is a Matrix convention (boys: overweight, long leather jacket, sweaty, sunglasses) alongside a Buffy one (boys: overweight, long leather jacket, sweaty, blond hair), I'm telling you as soon as TV's Janet Fielding lit up her first of many fags, the whole place is going to go up.


No comments: