Journey through space to the Planet Fabulous, where the Ruler of the Universe will see you shortly.

Friday, August 06, 2004

The Holiday

Well, my little holiday was an absolute hoot, and I hope you all had a lovely time under Amanda Tapping. And that noise was dear regular reader Jules falling to the floor in a dead swoon at the mere idea. I believe Evil Best Friend Declan would classify the term as 'she's got a moist-on'.

Ah, dear Declan - what a delight to holiday with! There was a full moon over the weekend - his busy period - so I didn't see that much of him of an evening, and when I did, he was just ecstatically happy that there was a whole stretch of virgin sand to write 'I (heart) Myra Hindley' in, much to the trauma of early-rising parents. And he only threw the Bible out of the window once, bless. He was really trying.

Oh, and I do have a strange tale of the staff in the hotel. The first morning, we went for a graceful swim at 8.30, and popped back to our room at 9am. There was a charming functionary turning down our bedclothes, and slyly helping herself to the mini-bar. We nodded a hello and left for a breakfast martini or two. We popped back up at 10.30 and she was still scrubbing away. So we went for a good walk, coming back after lunch, and lo - there was our raven-headed peon, determinedly vacuuming at her pelmet. Which is by no means as filthy as it sounds.

Really, I do like attentive staff, but this was a little out of the ordinary. So eventually we just let her move in. She seemed more than happy sleeping at the foot of my bed, and - bonus! - you could just throw your shoe at her and she'd mix the most marvellous Mai Tai.

Salut!

No comments: