Journey through space to the Planet Fabulous, where the Ruler of the Universe will see you shortly.

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Hangman For Dummies

Now, I don't normally play the games on my mobile phone, but lately I've found that I need something to pass the time. On trains, or while people are talking to me - you know, that sort of thing.

So I downloaded one called Hangman, but the problem is, I can't seem to change the settings. Currently its set to 'Sharon, Befuddled Secretary' to appease the various Neanderthal Croydonites who play the games when they're not planning their next night out. Loudly. Five letter word in 'Geography'? 'SHOPS', apparently. Five letter word in 'Plants'? 'LARGE'! Oh! How could I have been so blind!

Bluntly I don't stand a chance.

And more disconcerting is that we have a gingerbread man instead of a hangman. So rather than the normal gallows being built and a man being hanged, you are given a gingerbread man being slowly eaten. Which sounds good on paper, but you're often left with limbless, semi-merry quadriplegic, grateful to be saved from the maws of death. Or just a sinister smiling head. Now, is that quality of life?

Well, I'd ask Christopher Reeve, but I'm a week or so too late.

No comments: