Journey through space to the Planet Fabulous, where the Ruler of the Universe will see you shortly.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Moving On

Today's motto comes from the rather stupendous 'Manchester Rugby Team Semi-Clad Calendar - Incorporating Thought of the Day' - which surely has to be a delightful oxymoron. Anyway, under this marvellous organ, this marvellous organ states that 'Start with the impossible, then move to the unlikely' which surely means hurrying along my on-going transformation into Elisabeth Taylor, but I'm also taking it as a sign I should definitely be moving from this job.

In fact I've been talking my eagerness to get out with one of my colleagues, our lovely receptionist. My advice to anyone in an office environment is to get really chatty with anyone who orders the stationary. Not only for the pens, but for inexplicable reasons such girls are always the hub for the office gossip. I managed to acquire every colour highlighter under the sun so far, as well as the heads-up on three affairs and a sacking.

Anyway. 'The place would fall down without you', she said. But I think that's really only in reference to the fact my desk leans against one of the walls...
 

5 comments:

CyberPete said...

I feel so left out, I order the company stationary, highlighters and pens but I know nothing of what's going on at the office. What is it in fact we do?

Dantallion said...

Brilliant advice. I befriended our secretary. I've been flush with post-it notes of all colours ever since.

mainja said...

it's so true, it's all about the admin assitants baby.

you get chummy with them and you wouldn't believe the stuff you find out...

"really?!? right there in her office?!?!"

Broadband Ian said...

Such an announcement has very suspicious timing...

You're not going to be the new Doctor Who are you?

Johnny Obscura said...

Oh no! Please don't change into something crap like Bill Nighy or Stephen Fry...
Amy Acker could be good though, if confusing. Just think of the blue make-up you'd save on!