Journey through space to the Planet Fabulous, where the Ruler of the Universe will see you shortly.

Friday, December 16, 2005

Doing Reps

Oh yes. I've even been too busy to go to the gym. My biceps have now atrophied into looking like sparrow's knee-caps.

I was talking this over with my Comedy Housemate. He really doesn't really get the gym, and seems to feel that if he simply goes and breathes the same air a toned instructor he will get a six-pack. An osmosis Adonis, if you will.

"I don't see why I should pay all that money, and not get them to lift things for me," he said, his logic faultless. "Those instructors are doing nothing but shouting at people, and their muscles are obviously a lot better than mine - let them move the weights from one place to another."

It's a nice idea. Although he did come back rather proud of himself the other day: "I did two reps!" he cried with glee.

I congratulated him heartily. Until he said he never got their names, and it turned out he was talking about two sales reps he'd found in the sauna.
 

13 comments:

Rob said...

I've been feeling to ill to go to the gym this week. As a result I'm feeling horribly bloaty now.

My approach to the gym though is that the more money I throw at it the fitter I will become.

Hence I purchased a new gym kit. And I am expecting great results from this.

Brad Fitt said...

In the past year I have lost 432 pounds at the gym and never once set foot in it after my induction.

Lee said...

(trumpet goes 'wah-wah-wah-waaaaaah...')

Junebugg said...

I just don't see why you need to pay to sweat.

Miss Mish said...

http://www.lazylaces.com/article.asp?p=1560#comments

Look what I found for you! A 'Girls Aloud' game!

AndyT13 said...

"You know that thing when you're working and you look at your watch and you realise it's later than you thought? I did that - and it was half-past Thursday."

That happens to me all the time. I do 12 Oz curls all the time but I never get a six pack; only a 12 pack. 18 if I'm feeling especially sloshy. Cheers! (hic)

Sister Staceypatrick said...

I personally have never been a gym bunny because it seems like a lot of effort. I dance and since it doesn't "feel" like exercise I can handle it. Aside from that I have my exercise bike plopped in front of my tv so I can sweat and zone out at the same time. Whatever works I always say!

Snooze said...

I'm jealous that when I take a sauna all I get is some naked old lady sitting near me.

Marcia said...

Now those are my kind of reps!

Dantallion said...

Ah, so Comedy Housemate went for the cardiovascular workout in lieu of weight training.

kyknoord said...

"...osmosis Adonis..." a case of absorba the Greek?

Chas Ravndal said...

wow this is a cool blog!!!

savante said...

Osmosis Adonis. :) God, you kill me!

Paul