Journey through space to the Planet Fabulous, where the Ruler of the Universe will see you shortly.

Friday, December 02, 2005

My Christmas Present

Oh yes, I'm sure I'm right at the tippy-top of all your lists when it comes to buying Christmas presents. But what do you get a refined Gentleman That's Good With Colours-about-town when clearly he's had the world at his finger tips? And on more than a couple of occasions, on the tip of his tongue?

Well, fret no more, my lovely people! For I have found this diabolical happening - a Girls Aloud tribute band, hilariously called 'Girls Alouder'! As if the real thing wasn't cheap enough, this very site's worshipped group have got a scraped-together homage with even worse roots than them! Who'd have thought!

Oh god I love tribute acts. I recall the horror that was 'Zig-A-Zig-Ah', a Spice Girls homage I saw in a club some years back. Five middle-aged women with flabby upper arms stomping their way through the repertoire, with barely a passing resemblance to the Spices between them. Most of the club looked on, open-mouthed.

"Would you like another hit?" asked the apparent Geri after three ghastly tracks.

"No!" cried someone at the back of the crowd.

"Well, tough," she said, rolling up her sleeves. "We've been booked for the hour." And the backing track struck up once more.

"Make the bad noise end!" hollered someone else as they started to take against '2 Become 1'.

Ironically, their next song after was the number 2 classic, 'Stop'. They still didn't take the hint.
 

2 comments:

Dars Lars said...

Oh my god, how very fab. Must book them for my Birthday soiree in the Escape so we can all get sqiffy,point, stare and laugh. Back home in Sunderland we have a tribute band called Bon Geordi. Unfortunatly irony doesnt work in the north east so I tend to get a slap if I start giggling during Livin on a prayer.
Larks

Rob said...

"middle-aged women with flabby upper arms stomping their way through the repertoire"

Um... you are sure that wasn't actually Geri in the lineup?