Journey through space to the Planet Fabulous, where the Ruler of the Universe will see you shortly.

Monday, January 23, 2006

"Well Fuck Me!"

We won. We actually won the award! I'm currently clearing a space between the Angela Lansbury statuette and the signed t-shirt from one Tom Cruise with a note on the cuff saying 'I don't normally do this sort of thing, but next time you're in LA, give me a call!'

Perhaps I should submit it next time he goes to court. Anyway! A huge thank you to every one of you who voted. You're more special to me than Velcro. And you know how that makes me giggle.

Ah, this award comes at a brilliant time, for I elsewhere, I've been going a little loony.

I took on a freelance project just before Christmas that means I'm working 14 hour days at the moment. When it came up I thought 'what the hell, the Wife's off in Oz'. Besides, its good money and I like cutting out monsters from old episodes of Doctor Who. And it'll keep me out of trouble while he's gone and give my rectum time to remember that it's an exit...

But 14 hour days for the last fortnight. At the moment I can barely see or speak I'm so tired. I've also started going a little mad. Saturday night I was left alone, I hadn't left the house in days, my usually trimmed beard looking like the wild man of Borneo. Talking to myself? Pah! For amateurs. I woke up the Sunday morning to discover I'd tried to eat all the chutney in the house and found a picture of TV stalwart Elisabeth Sladen with hearts drawn around it in felt-tip.

My comedy flatmate is no longer letting me out of his sight.

Mostly as it was his chutney.

29 comments:

morgalou said...

Well done you!

A crate of safety scissors (work-crazed, sleep-deprived people should never be left alone with pointy objects) & a jars of Fortnum & Masons' finest pickled condiments for you. Or the flatmate. Whoever needs them the most.

klee said...

Woooooooo!

Democracy triumphs, the system works etc.

Was it a recent picture of Lis Sladen? She looks like a completely different person nowadays - well, she does on those icky 'fan' photos they do at conventions. You know, the ones they take through a tarpaulin over the lens.

She only did those Sarah-Jane Smith audio adventures to feed her collagen habit.

ViVi said...

You are a star, Lee!! Congrats on your well deserved win! Can't wait for the awards ceremony...

CyberPete said...

Congratulations Mr. Binding!
You are a STARRR and the audience loves you, and you love them because they love you for loving them and you love them for loving you, and that's because none of us got enough love in our childhood and that's showBIZZZZZ.
Sorry been watching Chicago...

Kirses said...

is brilliant

GayProf said...

Congratulations! You certainly make me chuckle.

The Lady Muck said...

Yay! I'm doing a little dance for you as we speak! But please sir... step away from the chutney, I do worry.

Imogen said...

We clearly love you, but... is this all an elaborate ploy to get out of having to reward us? I seem to remember you promising us a Halle Berry-esque speech. In pictures.

But I'm still doing Snoopy dances about you winning!

Jaclyn said...

YAY LEE!

And I second imogen and the snoopy dances.

Eden said...

Yay! Congrats & good on ya.

Fuckkit said...

Yay you, and lets not be using 14 hour days as an excuse to dodge the Halle Berry speech in pictures.

Dantallion said...

Good for you, Lee. It comes as no surprise to me at all.

(The award, AND the chutney).

Trunk Guy said...

Congratulations

Skip said...

congratulations on winning. remember what happened last year though - when you worked so hard your sense of design failed.

euw.

there were serif fonts everywhere!

c'lam said...

ooh well done you

Inexplicable DeVice said...

Oh, Bravo!

I always knew you had it in you (chutney, rear exits and the like...).

Perhaps you could take a couple of days of with "exhaustion" to work on your fabulously glittering, emotional car wreck of an acceptance speech?

* Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee * I can't wait!

Reluctant Nomad said...

Congratulations!

tornwordo said...

hey congrats! Glad I could help. I don't envy the long days but they don't seem to damage your wit any....I love giggling.

MinCat said...

yayyayayayayayayayay! *jumpos about in gleee* FINALLY some good news

Spike said...

Well deserved!

I fourth the Halle Berry-esque speech. In pictures.

Frank said...

Congrats on the award. Though, if truth be told, you should be congratulating me. I'm one of the ones who voted for you seven bajillion times! *hehehe*

As to your descent into insanity, let's just hope the Wife comes back soon. Some good old fashioned fucking should clear your head.

RickB said...

That's fantastic! Now I can count you among my celebrity frends, (which now numbers one and a half).
PS does that make you a chutney ferret? I expect someone's already said this but I cn't be bothered to read up.

Donna said...

>>give my rectum time to remember that it's an exit...<<

I soooo love that line. I'm sad though that I can't think of a situation in which i can use it.

epicurist said...

Congrats my dear! And I love you even more for loving the OLD Doctor Who!

Spaceminx said...

Woo hoo! Congratulations Lee. Have a bottle of Dry Croft on me.

Vesper said...

I thought they were still judging...for the BoB awards. The popular vote counts for only part of the final judging. That was my understanding anyway. Let me know if you heard something different. ;)

Joe said...

Congrats to you, Lee! You deserve every bit of tinsel and rhinestones (and glitter)!

-Joe.My.God.

Snooze said...

Oh wow! That´s great and well earned.

Owen Blacker said...

Woohoo!

(And I didn't get all of the office to vote for you... ;o)