Journey through space to the Planet Fabulous, where the Ruler of the Universe will see you shortly.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Wireless Witchcraft

As I've spent more time in drab office situations, I've gradually discovered you have to Make Your Own Entertainment. Like bringing your own cheerleaders, as it spices up job appraisals no end.

So with taking fun as it comes as a new motto, I've been delighted in our company moving over to using wireless mice and keyboards. For in a fit of pique this very lunch time, I moved two from one desk to the other in a malicious swap.

Oh! The last hour has been spent watching two dizzy secretaries tapping their keyboards, one buggering up the other one's document and the other destroying a spreadsheet while complaining very vocally that nothing works and we should all go back to slates and chisels!

Oh life, be my wild mistress! I can't contain my hilarity!

I suggest this wheeze to my multitude of readers if your office contains any wireless keyboards. Except one of my charming admirers of this big pink column called Neil, who works in air traffic control.

That can only end badly.

OBLIGATORY PLUG!

Don't forget to vote! Click here to do it again. Even if you already have, some people can vote again!

24 comments:

The Lady Muck said...

Hehehe. I love it! Mirth! All we need now are hidden webcams to view future evilness... how long did it take them to cotton on?

Spinsterella said...

Fantastic.

Unfortunately our office is very low-tech. My entertainment therefore mainly consists of testing just how far I can insult my colleagues before they either hit me or start crying.

Years of endless fun!

Kirses said...

Good One. I like placing a screenshot of someone's desktop full screen then watching them doubleclick icons and complain that nothing is working.

Personally I am always fooled by the guy next to me Remoting on to the server I am working on and messing with my mouse action..

tornwordo said...

That's a great gag. I'm the one who puts whipped topping on the ear end of the phone and tell a coworker they have a call. I'll be eager to try this one!

Fuckkit said...

If the mice arent wireless they can be made so with scissors although this might upset the IT dept somewhat.

Lee said...

Hahaha! I love you, Fuckkit.

Kellycat said...

A colleague who used to sit next to me is left-handed and therefore has her mouse programmed so that the buttons are the other way round.

While she was out of the office one day one of our sales reps decided to use her desk. I gave it a full half an hour and two phone calls to IT support before I told her what I thought could possibly be the problem.

Vampire Librarian said...

Evil, evil man.

jjd said...

hehe, you magnificently brilliant scoundrel!

Snooze said...

I love you.

Snooze said...

Or perhaps 'bow down in terror before you' might be more accurate.

kyknoord said...

We're still wired up in my office, but unplugging a few peripherals here and there has a similar effect.

Frank said...

Oh, you're such a cheeky devil, Lee!

The Wisdom of Wislon said...

What a fab idea, we have white mice but their tails are still attached to their macs, darn it ;-)

I'll have to think of other plots to stitch up my co-workers ;-)

any other ideas?

;-)

morgalou said...

I think that's one of the best Fun At Work ideas I've ever seen. The problem is that I'd never be able to keep a straight face, and would miss all the hilarity because I was hiding in the loos / in the stairwell, trying not to laugh too loudly.

RickB said...

Dear Mr B, re: your voting link. the voting closed a week ago dufus. who won?

Lee said...

Dear Mr RickB. It closed last night. Which is why they haven't announced yet.

RickB said...

oh. haha. I'm sure it said the 12th somewhere... What's the trophy going to look like?

Gareth said...

Become a Civil servant and work in my office, it would definetly shake up the project managers.

Spike said...

Lee, you terrible person. More more!

Rick said: What's the trophy going to look like?

Long and shiny with a place for batteries.

The Wisdom of Wislon said...

By the way just wanted to say I just lurve your blog pink fantasticness!

It brights up a bleak day in the office ;-)

Spaceminx said...

A fun way to pass the day at work is texting a rude message to a land line so the recipient hears a posh lady repeat the message to them. Much hilarity can be had.

Urban Chick said...

you won?? yes??

Fuckkit said...

Did you win? Well?