Journey through space to the Planet Fabulous, where the Ruler of the Universe will see you shortly.

Friday, February 24, 2006

That's all, folks!

It's said that newspaper columnists are allowed to write just one column in their whole career that adresses the subject of how hard their job is. You know the kind of thing: "Gosh, you've no idea - this is a hard job, writing about things every day. I just can't think of anything today. I often have this problem..."

I suppose the same is true of bloggers, so that's what you're getting today.

It's my last day on Glitter For Brains. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time here, filling in for Lee. And the response and comments from everyone have been lovely - thanks for sticking with the blog while Our Fabulous Leader has been away, and thanks for seeming to enjoy it so much. BUT, by 'eck, it's been hard work.

He's long since given up now, but Lee used to pester me almost daily about starting up my own blog. I tried about three or four times, but just couldn't get into a groove. I didn't want to do a kind of daily confessional (my life is far too boring for that to be worth reading); I would rather have done... well, something like I've been doing while I've been here at G4B. But then, Lee does that - and he does it with so much more dedication and drive than I ever could. (Plus, our senses of humour are far too similar, and nobody wants a Glitter For Brains knock-off cluttering up their precious internet.)

The closest I'm ever going to come to blogging is keeping my Flickr account updated. Although that's slipped since I've been doing this, because there's only so many hours in the day. And that's what amazes me about Lee, and about a lot of the people whose own blogs he links to: you do so much stuff, of such quality, every blimmin' day of the week. You all have my undying admiration, and my unwavering readership.

So that's about it. Lee's back on Monday, so things should return to normal then. Well, I say 'normal', but you know what I mean.

I don't know if I'll ever be back to grace these pink, sequinned, velvety halls, but you can rest assured that I've loved every minute I've spent here, making a new arseprint on Lee's glittery throne. Take care, all, and I'll see you in the ether!

16 comments:

Snooze said...

You've been great fun to read. You know, you don't have to post every day if you start your own blog... even once a week is fine. See? Not so much pressure.

morgalou said...

Lee definitely made a good choice for his throne-keeper-warmer. If ever he feels the need to up and off to.... wherever it is he's gone, I hope we see you again!

I also hope he's paid you well - what's the going rate for a blog-sitter these days? Hopefully something beyond whatever booze is in the cupboard, a delivery pizza and use of the digital TV?

Kirses said...

Hello,

Just like to say I've really enjoyed your writing on here and do think you shoudl write more somewhere, sometime.

The Lady Muck said...

Its been lovely having you David, I mean reading you of course ;-)
And start a blog dammit, you're rather funny dear.

Inexplicable DeVice said...

It's been a fabulous two weeks! I hope you make it back for another go.

I especially liked the Roy Scheider post - Very funny!

CyberPete said...

You've been lovely David, hope you'll be back keeping Lees throne warm next time.

tornwordo said...

Though I haven't commented before, I must say that I really enjoyed your writing for your guest stint. I would love it if you came back next time our dear Lee is away. Cheers!

Dantallion said...

You did a brilliant job. Hope to see you hanging around these hallowed halls again soon!

Fuckkit said...

Snooze is right, you so don't have to blog every day and anyone who says otherwise is just wrong ok? Wrong!

David said...

Stop it! All of you, stop it!

Blub!

Thanks *so* much for your kind comments. Maybe I'll consider moving into 'full time' blogging. We'll have to wait and see. (But don't hold your breath!)

First Nations said...

but...but...i made you my own.
hell.
now I have to do that all over again? I still haven't got the taste out of my mouth from last time.

Jemima said...

Reading you was thrilling and delightful, but I guess I always knew it had to come to an end. I have my kleenex, and more importantly, memories of the good times. Do write again!

Spike said...

What Lady Muck said.

Also, giss a link to yer photos and we'll pester you there.

David said...

My Flickr pickrs can be found at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/falldog

I'll be back on the update-horse soon enough - and please ignore all the trash I uploaded there to use while I was doing the blog!

Concrete X said...

Right. It's Monday morning. WHERE'S LEE?

j(aded) said...

Aww... I just got goosebumps. It's been lurvely reading your work David. Most amusing! (Don't tell Lee :)) Hope to see you here again soon x