Journey through space to the Planet Fabulous, where the Ruler of the Universe will see you shortly.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Through the Chiffon Veil

So I've been asked to join a gay psychics group. Something, in retrospect, I really should have seen coming.

I can't remember whether I told you about my hilarious adventures in the ether. A while back I trained to become more 'open' with friend of mine in the London College of Psychic Studies. Now, you know me - I'm open to all and sundry at the drop of a hat, so we went along to train. Though we were very disappointed to find out our teacher wasn't some old woman with lots of bangles and an odd smell of biscuits.

Now this was some time back, and you do tend to fall out of practice very easily. Mostly as I can't keep my mind concentrated for more than two minutes without planning what I'd be wearing for my first trip into space or something (can you get diamante space suits?). And also as my Comedy Housemate keeps drinking the tea-leaves I tend to use.

So I've decided to accept the Gentlemen Who Like Showtunes offer to come and break the veil. Get back in practice. I've been told I've got to take it very seriously though. God knows why. It's a gay psychic group. All we're going to be doing is trying to discover what next season's colour is, and then try and channel Karen Carpenter...

12 comments:

First Nations said...

i KNEW you were going to say that.

Eden said...

"I've been asked to join a gay psychics group. Something, in retrospect, I really should have seen coming."

Something just came out my nose. Thank you ;)

Jemima said...

Forseeing next season's colour: I'm glad you're not being frivolous with your mysterious gift.

mainja said...

i have no future plans, i have no future plans, i have no future plans...

Miss Mish said...

Don't channel Karen. You find yourself scoffing all the party nibbles....

Inexplicable DeVice said...

Those old ladies always smell of rich tea biscuits.

Why they can't go for something a bit more exotic like a chocolate coated ginger, or a raspberry and white chocolate, I don't know.

Spaceminx said...

Its enough to make a Gypsy Cream.

Sorry. Bad biscuit joke.

CyberPete said...

Give Dame Kylie a ring, she's got a *hot* pink space suit lying around somewhere. It isn't diamante but it's pink.

Lee said...

> Its enough to make a Gypsy Cream.

Get. Out.

;)

Red Exile said...

"A while back I trained to become more 'open' "

LOL. Me too, ...oh. No. Hang on...I think my mind just warped back 3 posts ago and the 12-inch black nobblers.

tornwordo said...

Ooh, sounds fun, right up my alley. (No not that one.)

Qenny said...

Just as long as you remember only to use your powers for good ...