Journey through space to the Planet Fabulous, where the Ruler of the Universe will see you shortly.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Off

I'm sure you haven't noticed I haven't been around much of late. You've all had far more important things to be doing with your lives like watching football and going out while it's still sunny and saying how brilliant it is. I've got my head around all this healthy fun and why you all like it. That's why God invented the internet, for Cher's sake, so I believe we're all sitting on different ends of the barge, as my aunty would say.

She does have a barge, too. My aunty. It chugs all the way around the canals of Tamworth, but it's so slow that they have to travel so far in a car, pick up the barge, travel a bit on that, and then get back in the car. Which is clearly nuts, but she's got arms like bolt-cutters after doing 40 locks in one weekend. My uncle just 'drives' apparently. He's got a hat and everything.

Anyway, there's a storm brewing. Can't you feel it?

So I've resigned.

I know, I know. I've been doing this job for five years now and it's nigh on time for a change. And I've got enough freelance work up until October, with the hope of doing more, so I'm outtahere! Vamoose! Gone.

I'll miss the pension and the healthcare, but the people are pissing me off after five years, and I'm sure it's vice-versa. There's a woman behind me who can't sing, yet insists on warbling through every verse of every song she half knows. And has a voice like a zoo burning down.

I'm very happy with moments of sadness. Five years. Long time. I'll have to pack up my Billie Piper dolls (plural) and my Binding Beer coasters and my Cyberman snowglobe that someone made me. One month left. Better get a diary...

Although it's off to a good start. Got pissed at lunch time, and staggered back going "Well, what you going to do... sack me?!"

20 comments:

AndyT13 said...

Well congratulations. Seems everyone is up for a change.
Cheers!

CyberPete said...

Congrats! Good for you. And good riddance to them :)

I've been working at the same company for just about 2½ years and have secretly though of sending out my CV. I'm sure that too shall pass because I have never worked at the same place for THIS long. Which is just sad right?

Tom Williams said...

But... but... now who's going to steal me David Tennant's suit?

First Nations said...

oh right on!
good luck and all that happy crap!
you willl be successful beyond your wildest dreams.

Loudlush said...

You can get Billie Piper dolls???

Congrats on the move, remember to get everything you need off the work puter before you stagger out for good.

Owen Blacker said...

Yeah, we want photos of Billie Piper dolls. Before she gets written out :o)

Sam said...

well done! fuck the tone deaf singing bitches! :)

-s

Lippy said...

Congratulations and good luck!

And obviously should you need one you know where to find a litigation lawyer!

tornwordo said...

I've never regretted leaving a job. Ever.

So congrats!

Wilde said...

God, I haven't chugged my barge in ages. Maybe I'll try that this weekend ---

Bob said...

Yay and congratulations. Come play with me in the daytime. It will be a fun summer of unemployment. Screw the freelance work. x

GayProf said...

Good for you! Be sure to steal plenty of office supplies before you leave.

Pam said...

Aww, good luck.

No Shit Sherlock said...

Aw, good luck ae? (Ooh, all Kiwified there...)
I want to work for that corporation.
And I want dibs on Dvid Tennant's tie.
So there.
Remember, you work in the place where David Tennant's tie IS office supplies.
Good luck for the future!

Snooze said...

I can't wait to read about all the new ventures you take. Congratulations on being bold enough to take a risk.

Inexplicable DeVice said...

I noticed you hadn't been around much. But that's because I 'ate football and disagree with the sun!

Does this resignation mean you'll be around more often? Perhaps hanging out with Aggie & co? (Yes, I know, two hints dropped in as many comments...)

Miss Cellania said...

I quit my job a month ago. Actually I was forced out, but still. I KNOW I should be looking for another job, but NOT working has been so nice that I'm having a hard time even thinking about a resume. Best of luck in whatever you decide to do!

Jemima said...

How are you going to violate your workplace before you leave? You will do something, won't you. It'd be wrong just to walk.

And I've never regretted walking from a job, either.

Spike said...

Fucking blogger ate my comment. Again.

Go Lee!

P.S.
I too would not be adverse to pictures of the spunkilicious Billie Piper or doll of same.

Qenny said...

A change is as good as arrest. Good for you!