Journey through space to the Planet Fabulous, where the Ruler of the Universe will see you shortly.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Banazi

Well, bugger me.

There I was flicking through The Pink Paper, the UK's national newspaper for Gentlemen Who Once Learned to Vogue, and trying desperately to skim past all the worthy articles about excitingly-bearded local reverends which nearly take up a whole third of the paper. With each page turn, I thought we must ask ourselves: are all God's shepherds taking Exodus 33:23 a little too seriously; 'I shall remove my hand, and thou shall see my back parts but my face shall not be seen'.

And while you're still reeling that I know a bit of the Bible, I shall tell you I skimmed on - on! - though he other two thirds, which are always some nice pictures of Sir Ian McKellen and an advert for Sandi Toksvic's latest book on something like tofu's place in DIY. Myself, I was looking for a little titillation of some pictures of half-decent cock disguised as 'masseurs' at the back when I spied something utterly ludicrous:

Glitter For Brains is up for an award for Best Gay Blog 2006.

I don't think I've ever dropped my vodka before. But right there and then, history was made.

God knows what I could win. Perhaps something cheap and plastic - oh, we're back to the gentlemen at the back of the paper again, aren't we? - but I need something as a talking point in my breakfast nook, so if you're not too busy, would you be so kind as to click here and vote?

Oh, and an added incentive: you can win a plasma screen if you vote! I'm assuming that excludes my dear Yankee brethren, but you live in the Land of the Free where tax rebates flow like milk and honey, so you don't really need one. And my darling Canadians, you can just feel smug you don't live in America and vote anyway.

My section's down at point number 61, although should you have any strong feelings about what you feel is the car of the year, give that a vote too. God knows why that's in a survey for Gentlemen Who Can't Catch - cars? They're lucky its tick-boxes otherwise they're going to get several hundred thousand answers of 'Um, that kicky little red one that's in the advert with that man who used to be in Holby in it.' Likewise for which police force you prefer. Perhaps you, like my good self, have been sampling their various methods for some time with a girlish cry of "I won't come quietly, officer!" and wish to see them honoured as best you can. Oh, and while you're there, don't forget to take a look at the competition - they're all fabulous.

Now go. Shoo. Vote. Go make Cher proud of you.

18 comments:

Bob said...

Done.

I can't believe you weren't invited to the nominations announcement ceremony. Very grand, it was.

Cian said...

I did go vote, but just for you. I love the blog, but I ma still appalled that you dropped your vodka.

Anonymous said...

Considered another vote cast! I have to admit I have been a smelly lurker for some time now...

Will said...

Congratulations - I have put my tick in your box. Was disappointed to see the Retro missing from best bar/pub in London.

Owen Blacker said...

Erm, I might have nominated you *blush*

Consider this another vote cast.

And I think the car question is for the Ladies Who Are Good With Powertools.

Perry Neeham said...

Mmmm...thanks for that *reaching for a kleenex* glad to have the chance to mark your box.

The 'Drama' post was just wonderful btw.

Dazskins said...

Done - and about time too...

Tickersoid said...

Tick clicked in your box.

Anonymous said...

I will vote, but bearing in mind you never did that promised acceptance speech in the style of Marilyn Monroe for the last award you got I think you owe us if you win this time!

ViVi said...

That's one more vote from me, dahlin! :)

Oh Mike Odd said...

I'm very interested in the fact that Prague is up for "Best bar or pub in the Midlands and East". Er, didn't it burn down a month or so ago?

Anyway, my vote for you is cast. It's the least I can do for the hours of endless giggling you've given me...

Anonymous said...

I noticed your name as I was flicking through the paper last night. I'm glad for a web-based version otherwise I wouldn't have gone near it.

Neep said...

I vooted.

I don't know what vooting is, but it sounds like fun.

I have dropped vodka several times, but never tequila.

Anonymous said...

I'm about to go an vote for you. I suspect that the police force might be to do with which area of the country has the most attractive pretty policemen that they use to entrap cottagers.

Or don't they do that any more?

Anonymous said...

voted too.

Anonymous said...

OOOH! Well done you for the nomination...they didn't even let you know? How bad is that...hmmm!

Have visited and marked your little box, its my pleasure...I would've done the whole thing but Oh Lord I live in Devon for fucks sake, and have no idea what half the other places were?

I feel some much needed educating is needed for me when I move up your area..Put on your tour guide hat and take me for a ride!

Goodluck man. x

CyberPete said...

I'm sure you'll win

Spaceminx said...

I'm with Will. Wot no Retro? And no Vanilla for best Girl Bar? At least I could vote for you and Dr Who. Hurrah and well done lad.