Journey through space to the Planet Fabulous, where the Ruler of the Universe will see you shortly.

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Hungover

Ah the Doctor Who Series Four launch party. Two glorious episodes and someone's credit card behind the bar. And I don't know who suggested we did shots near the end of the evening, but I have a burning suspicion it was me. On top of a good few glasses of wine as well. Well, I say 'on top' but that only turned out to be for a short while - I was gloriously sick as soon as I got home. Real gut-wrenching, red-wine-spraying sick.

As my mother says, if the bar is free, you'll pay for it in the morning.

Oh I tell you, I'm not good today. I haven't this fucked since I was in the boy scouts. And while I'm acutely aware this follows hot on the heels of another 'oh my, wasn't I drunk' entries, I can honestly say the thought of drinking again revolts me clearly as much as sanity does Miss Mariah Carey.

I was meant to be out tonight, a dressy work event. Well the clothing is willing, but the spirit is weak. I can't do it again. No thank you. No more.

6 comments:

mainja said...

ouch.

Frank said...

So, before you got sick, were you in the middle of a Tennant/Barrowman sandwich? Details! *LOL*

Stuart said...

ahhh, the old "the thought of drinking again revolts me " story... if I had a pound for everytime I have heard someone say that only to be back necking Martinis whilst eating their cornflakes in the morning, 2 weeks later!

jgeary27 said...

Ugh, I've been forced to finally sign up for an account in order to comment.

Dearest Lee --

You need the quick 3-step Unfailing Cure For Too Much Drink:

1. Alka-seltzer. Yes, it's horrid, but just choke it down. Pun not included. Please provide your own.

2. A nice lie down. Maybe some tea.

3. Gin martini, dry, straight up, with an olive. Wait! Do not be put off in your current state. Do steps 1 and 2 first, then take a deep breath and jump back in.

Works like a charm every time. Anyway, I'm off for my 5th such evening in 6 days. Wish me luck.

Stepfordtart said...

OOch. Shots and red wine. Thats never good. Commiserations. s x

CyberPete said...

Did you start drinking again?

I hope so, salute mate!

*raises champagne glass*