Journey through space to the Planet Fabulous, where the Ruler of the Universe will see you shortly.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Be Seeing You

I caught a bit of The Prisoner the other day. And in my typical way, eschewed the traditional arguments about countercultural themes and identity and instead admired what all the women wore on their heads. I find hats give the finale an otherwise absent clarity. If there'd been more hats at the end of '2001' I personally would have understood that a lot better.

Anyway, I'd be brilliant in the Village. No really. They have these big balloons that chase you around called Rovers that drag you back to your home if you try and leave; after fifteen years on the dancefloors of wendy clubs around the world, I know how to escape the reach of the corpulent fag hags wanting to drag you back to their unfortunate, terracotta-tinted gays. And while you can't rabbit-punch a Rover in the tits, you can sidestep it while humming Steps to yourself and pretend you're heading straight to the bar.

Though I'd have to work on my Village catchphrase. I don't think I'm "I am not a number, I'm a free man".

More, "Take a number, I'm a free man"...

5 comments:

Qenny said...

I was going to post a long and witty comment, but instead I think I'm going to have to head to a small room and meet the new Number 2.

Would a blazer be a bit too formal for the occasion?

Let's Kill Saturday Night said...

Maybe now Russell T. Davies isn't doing Doctor Who anymore, he can do a gay Prisoner ?

Lee said...

Apparently they ARE doing a new Prisoner. It was announced about two hours after I wrote this.

Clearly I have power now; maybe if I blog about Crossroads, that'll come back!

Qenny said...

Didn't Crossroads come back for a while, but quickly die off through lack of interested, and also Bennie?

Now if you could prognosticate a return of Wonder Woman ...

Ken said...

A new Prisoner??? I think I would actually watch it.

The original was quite odd yet intriguing in that "wow, it's definitely the seventies... and isn't the villan a bit queeny?" sort of way.